Karditsa by Car
Karditsa is in the heart of Greece and easily accessible. A drive from Athens takes about 3 hours (330 km) and a drive from Thessaloniki takes about 2 hours (212 km). The highway connecting all three cities is modern and comfortable.
Karditsa by airplane
Flights to Athens and public transportation to Karditsa
The Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport is located 27 km east of the city of Athens. A large number of European and International carriers fly direct into Athens. The airport has excellent public transit connections to the city. From the airport you may use:
– Metro service
https://www.athenstransport.com/english/airport/ – The cost of a Metro “Proastiakos” ticket is 10€. You follow along until the “Δουκίσης Πλακεντίας – Dukisis Plakendias Station”. Then you change trains for the blue line, with direction “Αγία Μαρίνα – Agia Marina” and continue until “Σύνταγμα – Syntagma” to change for the red line or the next stop “Μοναστηράκι – Monastiraki” to change for the green line, depending on your hotel location. Please do not hesitate to contact us for information / assistance.
1. Metro Map https://www.athensguide.com/map/athens-metro-map.jpg
2. Airport Metro “Proastiakos” departures for Dukisis Plakentias and change for line 3 (blue) https://cutt.ly/TeJ0HGy
– Bus service (https://www.athensairportbus.com/en/)
– Taxi (you will find plenty of Taxis outside the airport. Expect the cost to be a minimum of 40€.)
Athens to Karditsa:
– By intercity train: From the Athens airport, using metro or taxi (not bus), you should get off at “St. Larissis” (on the red metro line) and get a train ticket to Karditsa. You will need to change over at the stop of Palaeofarsalos (same ticket). For more information on the train service: https://tickets.trainose.gr/dromologia/
– By intercity bus: From the Athens airport, using bus X93 (link) or taxi (not metro), you should get off at “LIOSION BUS STATION” and get a direct ticket to Karditsa. The bus schedule for Karditsa-Athens and Athens-Karditsa (weekdays and weekends): https://www.ktel-karditsas.gr/en/dromologia/uperastika-therina/karditsa-athina
Flights to Thessaloniki and public transportation to Karditsa
Flights to Thessaloniki are available by many airlines from various parts of Europe. There are direct flights to Thessaloniki from various European cities. From the airport, you may use:
– Bus service: The airport is served by a 24-hour bus service from Thessaloniki Urban Transport Organization. On arrival at the Macedonia International Airport Terminal of Thessaloniki you can use the bus Line 01x, route Airport – KTEL /central bus station, which goes directly to the city centre (link).
– Taxi: The cars are easily recognized because they are all blue and white with illuminated sign marked “TAXI” on top. The cost to the bus station should be about €20-25.
Thessaloniki to Karditsa:
– By bus: Timetable information and online booking can be found at http://ktelmacedonia.gr/en/routes/&tid=18 (The trip is 3 hours approx.)
– By train: Timetable information can be found at https://tickets.trainose.gr/dromologia/