Today, there are 1.8 billion people between the ages of 10-24; they are the largest generation of youth in history. These individuals are the ones who will contribute to the resiliency of their communities, propose novel solutions, drive social progress, and inspire political change. When they are better informed about Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, they may be even more motivated to contribute to these causes.
The Erasmus+ funded project “Escape4SDGs” aims to train youth workers to develop their own thematic educational Escape Games and enable them to educate and motivate youth about the Sustainable Development Goals in an engaging and immersive way.
The objectives of the project are:
- To create educational tools to promote the SDGs to youth people in an entertaining way
- Train 25 youth workers on how to create an educational escape games
- To foster active citizenship of 250 youth people and society engagement,
- To develop the capacity and know-how of 5 European organisations to create educational (Virtual) Escape Games
To achieve its objectives, the project has set two main results:
- Training KIT – “From theory to practice-creating thematic escape games” that will include the needed theory on how to create educational escape games and examples of escape games on SDGs.
- Escape4SDGs APP – Set of 4 Virtual Escape Games, a digital game containing several escape games, each targeting a dimension of the SDGs.