Recent research has revealed that after the COVID19 pandemic, the EU youth NEET rate – young people not in employment, education, or training – currently stands at an alarming 15.4%, indicating that 2.84 million young people (under the age of 25) were unemployed in the EU in November 2021. The Erasmus+ funded project “FUTURE” aims to address this issue and equip youth workers with green and digital competences, applied to (social) entrepreneurship, that will enable them to increase youth’s skills and sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, thus fostering their employment opportunities.
FUTURE addresses the following objectives:
- To create educational tools to promote the development of competences according to Greencomp and Digcomp;
- To provide youth workers tools to work with youth on the development of green and digital entrepreneurial solution;
- To develop green and digital competences of both youth workers and youth;
- To foster youth employment & entrepreneurship, by capacitating them with the required competencies required by the current labour market.
To achieve its objectives, the project has set two main results:
- Entrepreneurial coaching platform: An accessible online educational resource for youth and youth workers on the developing of green and digital skills applied in entrepreneurship.
- Green and Digital Business plans Toolkit: A set of 12 training activities, each meant to develop a specific area of green, digital, and entrepreneurial competencies needed in the creation of a sustainable business plan – how: Create a Green and Digital Business plans Toolkit.