Game-based learning in education
The goal of this course is to introduce teachers to concepts and tools that focus on the pedagogical use of games which can significantly enhance good quality and effectiveness of education. They will receive training on how to use open educational resources, gain new skills, learn how to implement GBL strategies into their lessons and create a sample lesson. They will also exchange ideas and develop links with teachers from other European countries. After the end of this course, they will have a better understanding of the concept and potential benefits of Game Based Learning method and they will have improved the skills and competences that are required to apply that method in their classroom.
- Understand the concept of Game Based Learning method in education
- Game-Based Learning as teaching method
- How to use different types of Games for enhancing Learning
- Critical Thinking through Games
- Evaluation technics through Games
- How to apply Game-Based Learning methods in the classroom
- Advantages and disadvantages of Game Based Learning method
- Application of Game Based Learning in European countries
- Design lesson plans based on Game Based Learning
- Individual Projects, Presentations and Evaluation
The methodology that is going to be used will try to provide to participants an effective learning environment to them to actively participate in their learning procedure. The methodology will try to make them to incorporate their existing knowledge and experience with the new one, combining theoretical and practical knowledge. The methodology includes presentations, web resources, team-working, examples of good practice, case studies, practical learning by doing, assessment and evaluation.
This course is targeted at educators of various subjects and levels who would like to enrich their teaching methods.
Due to our extensive experience and network of partners, we have the capacity to design training courses tailored on the specific needs of the participants. Interested parties are encouraged to communicate with us, explaining their specific training needs for the development of tailored training courses