Game as an educational tool contributes to develop skills like critical thinking, problem solving, communication, team cooperation, while promoting combined thought and the combination of practical matters with theoretic knowledge. Also, using electronic games, promotes students’ digital skills. So, incorporating game based learning in the educational process, prepares students for their professional and personal life and, in addition, this way we want to improve processes, products and services in various areas of our lives and the lives of our students.
To improve the scientific and pedagogical background of teachers through the use of modern teaching methods. This particular training course (this mobility) aims to the teachers’ acquisition of knowledge and skills to use games in the educational process. At the theoretical and practical level, it acquaints participants with techniques of game – based learning, with the inclusion of gamification into the education process, with social games, as well as with serious games. In addition, participants will learn about best practice approaches to the application of gamification in education and the practical examples used in different countries. At the end of the training session, participants will be able to create lesson plans and training using game-based learning methods.
Our educational institution plans to provide its teachers with training on “Game-Based Learning and Gamification”. The participants will be teachers (lecturer, trainer, mentor, teacher, etc.) of our educational organization, coming from different fields and areas of education and training, both for adults and youth. Keeping this in mind, a team of participants from our organization will be created, consisting of 9 (nine) teachers. In addition to teachers, the target group in our organization are also the students to whom these new approaches will be applied during the lessons at our organization. Target groups outside of our educational organization and educational community are other directors of educational firms, HR staff of companies and corporations, researchers, special educators, on-site authorities, educational stakeholders, as well as other organizations interested in European projects. Our target audience will be anyone who is interested in this topic.
The results of the project are expected to have a positive impact on our organization, teachers, our students with regards to the European Development Plan as:
– Will improve teachers’ quality and efficiency, promoting innovation and connecting the school curriculum with international developments.
– Will develop pedagogical methods, which promote the development of students’ skills, and facilitate their participation in the future workplaces.
– Will create educational material freely accessible through the internet, to serve as a valuable source to other teachers.
– Will exchange good practices with organizations of other European educational systems.
– The school’s teachers will be equipped with new tools and methods related to the different forms of game-based learning. So, the quality of the education offered by the school will be upgraded and modernized, while education will be provided with modern methods, bringing to the students skills useful for their future work environment.
– Will strengthen a culture of constant development and improvement of education provided by the school.
– Through the participation in this project, managerial and communicative skills of the teachers and directors will be promoted.
– Will contribute to the European teaching community, participating in new European project, in which it will promote new techniques, exchange knowledge and disseminate good practices and innovative ideas.